Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Epiphany

So we have been helping out the elders in our area teach this family. Last night we had them over and were having the word of wisdom talk. As we were talking about the importance of the word of wisdom, the dad of this family was struggling with it all. He just could not understand what the big deal was. We all talked to him about his current behaviors and really he is not addicted to any of it, just has a little tea once in a while and an alcoholic drink twice a year on a couple holidays. He just couldn't say he would never do it again. Cal asked him what was holding him back and he said nothing really just that he does not know if he can do it. I respect his honest and then I said to him that he obviously doesn't have a problem with it and if this commitment he is starting to make means that much to him then he will give it up.
I thought to myself about my life and how I do want to be healthier and leaner... so I decided that it does mean that much to me. I feel like I want to cheat and eat a whole box of mac and cheese, but that box of mac and cheese is not as important to me as being healthy. I know it is a far stretch, but really I am making this commitment and I am sticking to it. I am done with mac and cheese. I won't even buy it anymore! ( I know what your thinking... what is the big deal about mac and cheese, well it is my stumbling block. I love that crap I could eat it every day and really a whole box of it which is about 1200 calories right there without even thinking about it. So... I am done.)
I weighed myself this morning ( like I do every morning) and I am down 2 1/2 pounds! Yesterday was a killer. I walked for over two hours in the heat as well as did a couple miles on the treadmill. It feels good and I still have tons of energy!

No comments: